Through the leadership of Cecil J. Hill and the support of 79 members of other lodges, Centennial Lodge started under dispensation in 1955. Grand Lodge and the city of London were a hundred years old that year, and Centennial was an appropriate name for this new lodge. The Crest of the City of London was adopted for the correspondence and lodge jackets with the permission of the City Officials, several being members of the new lodge. Lodge meetings for the first seven years were held in the Red Room of the old Masonic Temple on Queens Avenue, where London Life is now located. During the time between vacating Queens Ave., and relocating in the new Temple on Dufferin Ave., meetings were held at Ashler Lodge No. 610 in Byron. Sam Kohn, the architect of the Temple on Dufferin Ave., was charter member and past master of Centennial Lodge. Meetings are now held in the small blue room which was proudly furnished by the members of Centennial. Centennial is a life membership dinner lodge. The meetings start with business at 5.30 p.m., break for supper in the lower banquet hall, and return to lodge to complete the evenings work, usually by 9.30 p.m. to 10.00 p.m. Membership numbers 355 as of 1995 and comprises of a full cross section of the community: blue collar workers, business men, dentists, doctors, farmers, firemen, lawyers, military police, teachers tradesmen, and all the different nationalities and religions.